Job Posting – Boise Shipping & Receiving / Warehouse Assistant
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible to receive, store, transfer, and ship company/vendor products and to promote the efficient material handling operations of Johnson Brothers.
- Will assist in coordinating all deliveries to be completed by using Johnson Brothers vehicles and employees.
- Will assist the receiving, storing, and shipping of products to and from Johnson Brothers.
- Needs to understand delivery and shipping expenses and to ensure that these costs are covered through communication with sales departments.
- Will respond to customers’ and vendors’ questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Will assist in all freight claims from inception through conclusion.
- Needs to become certified by Johnson Brothers in forklift operation; understanding and following all applicable warehousing safety regulations.
- Will store and organize all products and materials to be staged in warehouse areas. Retrieve these products and materials as requested by company personnel.
- Unload freight trucks, ensuring that all products are labeled and stored properly upon receiving, and any damage is identified and notated.
- Package and load finished products for shipping trucks. Both by forklift and manual labor as necessary.
- Assist customers as needed to find, package, and load purchased materials.
- Maintain neat and safe warehouse areas through regular cleaning.
- General Housekeeping in the warehouse and sales area.
- Engage in all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- This person must be able to lift 100 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- This position requires a current Idaho Driver’s License. Out of state delivery’s possible
- This position requires them to be able to read a tape measure.
- This position requires Basic Math skills: add, subtract, division, fractions.
- Must be able to work well with customers and employees in stressful situations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- This is a drug free work place and subject to pre-employment drug testing.
- Works M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Might work extended hours
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.