Boise Shipping & Receiving/ Warehouse Assistant
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible to receive, store, transfer, and ship company products and to promote the efficient material handling operations of Johnson Brothers. This job is based at our Boise location.
• Will assist in coordinating all deliveries to be completed by using Johnson Brothers vehicles and employees.
• Will assist the receiving, storing, and shipping of products to and from Johnson Brothers.
• Needs to understand delivery and shipping expenses and to ensure that these costs are covered through communication with sales departments.
• Will respond to customers’ and vendors’ questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Will assist in all freight claims from inception through conclusion.
• Needs to become certified by Johnson Brothers in forklift operation; understanding and following all applicable warehousing safety regulations.
• Will store and organize all products and materials to be staged in warehouse areas. Retrieve these products and materials as requested by company personnel.
• Unload freight trucks, ensuring that all products are labeled and stored properly upon receiving, and any damage is identified and notated.
• Package and load finished products for shipping trucks. Both by forklift and manual labor as necessary.
• Assist customers as needed to find, package, and load purchased materials.
• Maintain neat and safe warehouse areas through regular cleaning.
• General Housekeeping in the warehouse and sales area.
• Engage in all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
• Must be able to lift 100 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs. regularly.
• This position requires a current Idaho Drivers License. Out of state delivery’s possible
• This position requires them to be able to read a tape measure.
• This position requires Basic Math skills: add, subtract, division, fractions.
• Must be able to work well with customers and employees in stressful situations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• This is a drug free work place and subject to pre-employment drug testing.